I worked on this recipe and adapted it to meet the needs of people who can’t tolerate very spicy food. It has a nice flavor without being overwhelming in the spice department.
- 1 clove garlic minced (or 1 tsp crushed garlic from a jar – my favorite quick method!)
- 1/2-3/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, lamb or turkey
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well blended
- Using a table-spoon scoop out a spoonful of meat and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat until the cookie sheet is full.
- Slide tray into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
These are really tasty with a little unsweetened ketchup. Enjoy!