In a moment of culinary desperation, I threw together the following ingredients and was pleasantly pleased with the results. More than that, my family consumed dinner (including the broccoli) and went back to seconds. This speaks to a recipe worth repeating.
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 lbs steak sliced very thin
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 not-beef bullion cube dissolved in 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 bag frozen organic cauliflower
- 1 bag frozen organic broccoli
- 3 tbs arrowroot starch dissolved in 1 tbs water
- Melt coconut oil in large frying pan and add steak slices and carrots
- Cook steak slices until browned
- Add bullion cube mix, minced garlic, coconut aminos, ginger, cauliflower & broccoli to pan. Cover and simmer until meat is cooked through and broccoli and cauliflower are hot (about 20 mins)
- Stir in arrow root starch mix and stir until the mixture thickens.
- Serve and enjoy!