Here’s a recipe I modified today to have for a late lunch. I used agave and I found that it brought out the subtle flavors in the pork.
- 4lbs Pork Ribs (I prefer boneless)
- 1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking dish with foil
- Season ribs with salt & pepper (if you like – I’m not a big user of salt so I don’t bother with this step)
- Combine syrup, garlic, ginger, olive oil and lemon juice in bowl and whisk
- Spoon about a third of the mixture over ribs to coat. Cover ribs with foil and bake 30 minutes
- Uncover, turn ribs over, and spoon more glaze on top. Bake another 15-25 minutes until meat is tender and glaze is dark.
Serve with applesauce for a tasty meal. Makes plenty of leftovers too.